TheGeekyBlogger's Reviews > Bridget Jones's Diary

Jan 28, 12

bookshelves: 2011-read, kindlepurchase2011
Read in January, 2011

Bought from Amazon

What I Loved: Bridget was a wonderful mess of a woman that I think most singledoms can relate too on some level. Mark Darcy is so straight-laced and adorable that it is hard not to fall in love with him. Daniel is the perfect cad with just enough hotness that you don't totally hate him. Put them all together and you have one fun mess!

What I Liked: The family, friends, and co-workers are really the glue that keeps this book going. They made you laugh out loud and kept our Bridget grounded at times.

Complaints: Unless Bridges is 4'10", the weights translated in the US version had her being a size 6. That isn't even pudgy.

Why I gave it a 3: I liked the book but I am not likely to read it again. It was fun, quick, and even though a bit annoying at times--it was what I expected. If you like the movie (which I love) you will enjoy reading this book.

Who I would recommend this too: Chick-lit and Contemporary (light) romance readers.

Author Website: http://www.powells.com/authors/fieldi...

Books in this series:
Bridget Jones's Diary
Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bridget Jones's Diary.

01/06/2011
01/12/2011
75.0% "Funnier than the movie but Bridget is not even somewhat "fat" (or they translated the weights wrong in the US version)"
show 1 hidden update…