Jess's Reviews > Moonglow

Moonglow by Kristen Callihan

Jan 28, 2012

bookshelves: first-reads-goodreads-giveaways, 2012, historical-romance, paranormal-romance
Read in June, 2012

Oh Ian! He made my heart melt throughout this book. I don't know what it is about badass alpha males, but I just adore them. The fact that Ian was not just a badass, but also a sweet heart just made me melt even more.

Anyway, since I've now waxed on about my adoration of the character Ian I should probably explain what happened during the book and what the heck it was about. So the first book Firelight was all about Miranda and Archer. In this one we meet Daisy, Miranda's sister and of course we already know the hero Ian from Firelight. Daisy is currently in mourning, having lost her husband and is just getting back into the swing of things and recognizing her own passions and desires at the start of this book. When Daisy steps out into an alley with a man to get a little frisky she is stunned and appalled to see a body on the ground and the thing attacking it is by no means human but some kind of wolf. Ian strides onto the scene and realizes that Daisy may have seen what caused the attack and can't have her telling people about it so he hauls her off to question her. Daisy can't help but react to Ian, as he is deliciously handsome, but she also finds that she likes verbally sparring with him. Even when she finds out what Ian really is, Daisy takes it in stride and decides to work with him to figure out who the mad wolf is running around London.

I loved the plot of this book, it was well written and really interesting. Despite having read a fair amount of werewolf books, I still found this one entertaining. Could be that there was the added difference of it being a historical novel with the added plot of Daisy's abilities. Plus all of the side characters that had their own talents. For whichever reason listed above, I flew through this book and found myself wishing there was more after the epilogue, and luckily there was a little snippet from the next book Winterblaze. That will be about the eldest sister Poppy and Winston. I can't wait to see where that relationship goes!

IMO if you enjoyed Firelight, I think this will be another book that will pique your interest.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Moonglow.

06/17/2012 page 161