Felicia's Reviews > Along Came a Spider

196094
Jan 28, 12

bookshelves: 2011-read, kindlepurchase2009
Read in January, 2011

What I Loved: This is the first book in the Alex Cross series and it was a fantastic introduction of the Cross Character. I had seen this movie but I don't think I had ever read the book. The case was compelling and the twist (even though I knew it was coming) still kind of caught me off guard. James Patterson truly has a way of sucking you into a story and never quite knowing which way he is going to turn.

What I Liked: The pacing was a little off in this book but with that in mind I liked how each new element of the book was introduced. I also like how no storyline was dropped and forgotten. It was interesting to read the physical characteristics of the characters because they were a little off from what I thought they would look like so I had to adjust my mental images of the main characters.

Complaints: None

Movie Comparison Thoughts: Physically I don't think any of the casting matched the actual characters in the book---that being said I think everyone did a great job in their roles. I know these are older movies but as thrillers I think they have stood the test of time.

Why I gave it a 4: I didn't like it as much as Kiss the Girls (I seldom like book 1 in a series as much as the rest of the series) but it was still a really good read.

Who would I recommend it too: Thriller/Mystery fans.

Author Website:http://www.jamespatterson.com/

Double Cross
Cross Country
I, Alex Cross
Cross Fire

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Along Came a Spider.

01/03/2011