Saly's Reviews > Cops And ... Lovers?

Cops And ... Lovers? by Linda Castillo

3192922
I enjoyed this book but while I was reading it I kept getting a sense of deja vu like I had read a similar story-line before even when I knew I hadn't read this book and when I went through my shelves I got it, a single title by this author Overkill has the exact same storyline with minor differences, even the end confrontation is similar.

The heroine is a decorated cop who lost her confidence in a shooting six months earlier when she hesitated and that got her partner shot since then she quit the Chicago PD, is plagued with flash-backs and guilt. On the recommendation of her uncle she goes to seek a job as a deputy in a small town and almost doesn't take it since the Chief, who is the hero annoys her with his questioning.

The hero knows that taking her on is a mistake, she is still not recovered, has something to prove, impulsive and stirs him, something that hasn't happened to him in three years ever since his wife died and his little girl was stuck in a wheel-chair.

He tries to distance himself for her, he doesn't want any impulsive person in his life, the last time his heart got shredded but somehow whenever Erin is near him he can't keep his hands of her and she challenges him over how over-protective he is of his daughter.

Then there is someone trying to kill her, all in all the book was filled with sexual tension and good story-line, even though it was a ditto copy of her other book.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cops And ... Lovers?.