Farah Jay's Reviews > The Unbearable Book Club for Unsinkable Girls

6521946
Jun 06, 12

bookshelves: for-review, netaglley
Read in May, 2012

I don't have a lot to say about this book. I'm not even going write the title in my review because it's just to long. Anyways, this book started off like any other contemporary book. It was normal. I'm not even sure what the main plot of the book was, other than it having a book club. The main protagonist, Adriennce, is forced to go to a mother-daughter book club with her mom. She meets the other girls there, and they sort of become acquaintances. Their relationship with each other was really weird for me to decipher. Some of the characters really annoyed me. They were bossy, naggy, and just mean.
I was waiting for something major to get me excited about reading the book, but sadly there was nothing. If there was something, I sure didn't realize it. It felt like I was reading an everyday life book, and to me, even my every day life would be boring to read about. I didn't get the typical message contemporary writers try to convey to the readers.
I did think about stopping the book and not finish reading it, but it had something that just made me want to know what the ending of the book will be. I do have to say that it had some interesting parts, so I wasn't bored throughout the entire book. I don't know if I might pick up the next book by the author, but if you're a contemporary reader, do give it a try!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Unbearable Book Club for Unsinkable Girls.

05/12/2012 page 15