Andrea Guy's Reviews > Blueberry Muffin Murder

Blueberry Muffin Murder by Joanne Fluke

Mar 18, 13

bookshelves: 2012-reads, cozy-mystery, cruisinthroughthecoziesreadingchall, series, mystery, quick-reads
Read from January 28 to February 01, 2012

I am skipping around in this series rather than reading them in order. Bad me. It doesn't really matter though, all of the books are great stand alone mysteries. This one is the third book in the series and it was a great read, definitely better than the more recent Hannah Swensen books. I think that's how it works though when author's keep series going well past 10 books. But that's not what I'm reviewing.

Blueberry Muffin Murder is a fun cozy. It is a quick read filled with a few dead bodies, an obnoxious cooking show host and a lot of great cookie recipes that make you want to run to your kitchen to try them.

I loved the easy relationship Hannah had with her sister even though the two of them were polar opposites, personality-wise.

There were a lot of twists and turns and subplots on the way to discovering the killer of Connie Mac. (I love that in both Hannah books that I've read the victim is someone you want to kill yourself) Connie was really obnoxious and not nice to her staff. Kind of like the Anti-Rachael Ray!

At one point her sorta-kinda boyfriend (well one of them), Norman is a suspect.

All of this is going on during the Winter Carnival in Lake Eden. I found myself wishing I could attend the carnival, because it seemed like great fun, and I'd get to eat Hannah's cookies! Lake Eden sounds like the perfect picturesque small town.

I would definitely recommend this book to any friend looking for a new cozy. The mystery was fun and I didn't figure out the whodunit at all.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blueberry Muffin Murder.