Silvia (Darkest Sins)'s Reviews > Witchblood

Witchblood by Emma Mills

Feb 03, 12

Read from January 28 to 29, 2012

This review was originally posted on my blog, Darkest Sins.

When I saw the cover the first thing I thought was that I was going to read a really creepy story, but I was wrong. The cover just perfectly reflects a particular moment and a clear image you find in the story, an original story with some really believable characters, the heroine in primis. Jess is a teenager but she's very mature because of some tragic events happened (and keep happening) in her life... You can clearly see that and one of the most appreciable things is that she faces her new reality in the way you would excpect someone should react, not "Oh, vampires! Cool!" but "Are you freaking serious?". Of course the teenager in her emerges every time she thinks about her boyfriend, but let's be honest, how many seventeen-years-old you know who would act razionalizing love? Sure, because there are so many adults who do that instead, huh? My issue was more regards Luke. Since we can't know him well, I couldn't understand Jess' strong feelings for him, or better I couldn't feel her love and so I could't see her pain for the separation.

On the contrary, I felt anything related to Daniel! In the blurb you can read this phrase "Will she succumb to the attraction she desperately tries not to feel for Daniel?". Now, I'm not gonna reveal anything, don't worry I wouldn't dare, I just wanna make a simple understatement: you see Daniel you get the crush and then you're done! Yes, you should prepare yourself for some very lovely Daniel's moments as much as the OMG-you're-so-sexy ones!

Love, seduction, mystery, the unexpected... Everything that makes a book special. What really stopped me from giving it a higher rating was a strange rapidity in some dialogues, or so this is what I felt and it kinda bothered me... But rapidity or not I can't help it, I loved this book, I think it's a great first instalment and you all should read it and give Emma the chance to prove you she has an awesome potential ready to explode in something magical!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Witchblood.