Saly's Reviews > Tempered by Fire

Tempered by Fire by Emma Goldrick

3192922
Jan 27, 12

bookshelves: category-romance, cops-law-enforcement-security, harlequin-silhouette, read-in-2012
Read in January, 2012

This was my first book by this author and quite decent. The heroine had a crazy, loving match-making family. The hero seemed like a bum who was an army guy and came for some seclusion to write and instead finds himself in the middle of Latimers and the doctor sister Becky. Then there is a crazy other woman the hero is trying to get rid of and uses the heroine and then there is a life threatening fire, this part annoyed me a bit and seemed over the top.

One more thing that annoyed me was the internal monologue of the heroine but I will be trying out other books by this author.
5 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tempered by Fire.

LLCSpokane All EG books have the heroine do lots of internal muttering. You have to be in the right mood for her kind of corny humor and take the muttering with a grain of salt. Warning: you should never read more than one or two EG's in a row or you'll get distinctly irritated. You need to pace yourself and only read her when you are in the right mood. :)

Saly LLCSpokane wrote: "All EG books have the heroine do lots of internal muttering. You have to be in the right mood for her kind of corny humor and take the muttering with a grain of salt. Warning: you should never read..."

Yeah I noticed that after I read two back to back, now I've become wiser and am gonna pace myself. Thanks for the warning though. :)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja) I love this book. My favorite by Emma Goldrick. I really liked the hero and the heroine and how they meet. I think LLC hit the nail on the head about EG's writing style.

Saly Lady Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "I love this book. My favorite by Emma Goldrick. I really liked the hero and the heroine and how they meet. I think LLC hit the nail on the head about EG's writing style."

Well, I've read two by her and have many other lined up.
Her writing style takes some getting used to but is very good.