Michelle Leah Olson's Reviews > Deadly is the Kiss

Mar 15, 12

bookshelves: literal-addiction-books, reviewed
Read from February 20 to 23, 2012

Our Review [by Michelle L. Olson - LITERAL ADDICTION’s Pack Alpha]:
Primal Instinct is one of my favorite series, but this spin-off installment was by far my favorite book yet.

I’ve been a fan of the Granger brothers all along and there’s just something about Ashe that set my heart a pitter pat, so when I heard that Deadly is the Kiss was his book I was beyond excited.
After reading the captivating conclusions to Rush of Darkness and Rush of Pleasure, I knew we were in for something special with Ashe and Juliana’s book was released. Boy was that an understatement.

Deadly is the Kiss throws Ashe and Juliana together under unusual circumstances and forces them to confront the undeniable attraction they have had for one another since they met back in the Wasteland. With danger lurking around every corner the story is a non-stop adrenaline rush and keeps the characters (and the reader) on alert and hypersensitive, which makes for some amazing moments.

Ashe is everything you want in an alpha male – gorgeous, strong, deadly, protective, stubborn, and take no prisoners. He can be intimidating, and I wanted to smack him a few times for so vehemently denying his feelings for Juliana and then turning around and using them (and her obvious attraction to him) to taunt or blackmail her, but all of it together made him what I always knew he was but found out in spades in this book… SEXY AS SIN.

Juliana was a great heroine – smart, funny & resourceful. I loved uncovering her insecurities in this book as well as it made her even more ‘real’ to me.

Together, they are dynamite. There was no instant perfect chemistry and things that ‘just worked’, they went through a lot to get where they ended up and it was a ride that I never wanted to end.

As usual, Rhyannon’s world building was superb. Her Primal Instinct world has always been ingenious, but there was something about the set up of this book and the additional treasures she provided for us readers. I was captivated throughout. It excites me to think that there may be additional books following Deadly is the Kiss (hopefully Gideon’s and a few others!?) that are set up like this one was with bucket loads of intrigue, romance, action, intensity and so much more.

LITERAL ADDICTION gives Deadly is the Kiss 5 Skulls and would give it more if there were more to give. I whole heartedly recommend this to all Urban Fantasy, Paranormal Romance, Vampire, Shifter and all around Fantasy readers who want a grab you by the seat and not let go read. While this book can be read as a stand alone I would highly recommend reading the books in the Primal Instinct series beforehand to get the history and get properly introduced to Ashe in all of his glory.

I cannot wait for more from Rhyannon Byrd and while I know that it will be a bit before I get another of these books, I know that I have her BloodRunner’s series installment to look forward to and I am very excited for that.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deadly is the Kiss.