Jeann (Happy Indulgence) 's Reviews > One Foot in the Grave

One Foot in the Grave by Jeaniene Frost

Woah this was amazing! Much better than the first, which dragged with a slow introduction and conversations between Cat and Bones.

The second in the Night Huntress series goes straight into the action, which was both exhilarating and fast-paced. Cat is a rare vampire/human half-breed and her job is to exterminate vampires who pose a threat to humans. She's the commander of a badass but lovable team of agents, training them to stand on their own against vampires. Four years have passed since she left Bones behind to join the cause.

I was glad to see that she would inevitably meet her beloved again. The chemistry between Cat and Bones is explosive, partly due to their forbidden relationship and the tensions with her mum's disapproval, and her job.

With her reunion with Bones, commanding a team she has both trained and befriended, and finding herself a target of an assassination attempt, this book is bursting with excitement and emotion. Definitely pulled on the heartstrings and left the emotions raw. So glad I continued to read this series!

Check out my blog here for more reviews!
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Foot in the Grave.