Ali Alawi's Reviews > Pride and Prejudice

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

Feb 03, 12

Read from January 27 to February 02, 2012 — I own a copy

I'm going to enlist in this review the characters I've adored in this sweet-tender-funny-novel, analyze their stereotyping and thereafter compare them with some real-life friends of mine ^_^

So first of all:
Mrs. Bennet: Always hysterical...People always seem to get on her nerves and highly dramatic, and the real life incarnation goes for, I'm sorry to say, Aqeel's MOM!

Miss Bennet *aka Jane* : sweet, lovable by all and seems to me like the perfect wife. The honor of being Miss Bennet goes to Mohammed Yousif! *pray that u'd be a good wife indeed :) *

Lydia: Extremely funny, witty and at times hilarious. On the other hand, vain as f*** AND she eventually causes a BIG TIME trouble when she follows and run away with a dude. Ashraf, that's u i'm talking about apparently :P

Kitty: Lydia's sidekick >>> Aqeel. I don't think this needs any explanation...lool

and last but not least, Mr. Darcy: shy, pre-judged, one-heck of a writer, and quite introverted, but if you knew him and got more acquainted, he'd probably rock ur world!
now Mr.Darcy, I LUV him! for the simple fact that he reminds me of Ali Kiddo. I was exactly like him! Always shy with new people and thus got myself lost in books =)

a further note: the book should be entitled: Shyness and Prejudice. He wasn't thaaaat cocky. He was just, well, shy.

But on the whole, I really enjoyed reading this. And hey 3 dollars for days of laughing out louds??? now thas a bargain! Hence I love reading classics.

01/28/2012 page 84