Ciara's Reviews > Love is Darkness

Love is Darkness by Caroline Hanson

Jan 28, 12

Read in October, 2011 — I own a copy

I absolutely loved this book!! A mixture of drama, wit, sex, and history-Caroline Hanson got it right!!!! Valeria Dearborn had her mother killed by a vampire and now her father has become a renown vampire slayer. Jack becomes apart of their somber lil family when his parents are ravagely taken from him at the hands at a ruthless vampire. Together, Jack and her father try to convince Val to train as a Hunter so she, too, can rid the world of vampires and avenge her mothers death. Instead Val decides to go away to college and leave that life behind her, despite her smoldering love for Jack. She grows into an educated and wild young lady until the king vampire Lucas discovers by chance that she is the last Empath in existence, the key to having all the exiled Fey, Werewolves and Witches reunited to create balance in a world where vampires dominate!!! Even Lucas know the vampires are out of control and wants to not only police them but create a world where they are not the only mystical creatures in a hope to create a new world order. This may soound like a drab plot, but trust me IT IS NOT!!! Val takes us through her many adventures and sexual encounters, Jack and his undying love for Val and devotion to her father, and Lucas and his superior demeanor and sexy swagger, I can not wait for the sequel. Especially after the cliffhanger and the very end that literally left me with my mouth wide open!!!
READ THIS BOOK!!! Who can go wrong when it is only $.99?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love is Darkness.