Kristen's Reviews > Eye of the Sword

Eye of the Sword by Karyn Henley

Mar 18, 12

bookshelves: youngadult, romance-y, paranormal-fantasy
Read from March 05 to 12, 2012

First Impression: I really enjoyed reading the first novel in this series and couldn't wait to read another. This has to be the only series in which I like angels lately.

While Reading: I was surprised to find this book in the view of Trevin, whereas the first book was from Melaia's view. I love the way they plunge you straight into the action, where Trevin meets some vagabonds who have coerced his brother to lead them to the castle. Little does he know that one of them is prince of the Dregmoors and has come to try for peace between the two kings with a marriage proposal for Melaia's hand. Melaia holds Trevin's heart and he finds out that she has promised to only marry Trevin, if she is to wed at all.

But the king fears that they will need an ally and peace and is willing to compromise his only daughter to keep the kingdom safe. Trevin succeeds in persuading the king to leave off making a decision on the marriage while he embarks on a quest to see the Oracle, find the missing comains and also to hopefully find the remaining two harps, which Melaia is desperate to find. She believes it will aide in their efforts to stop the evil that is boiling forth from below the earth and connect their world once again to the Angels'.

And with any quest, there is so much adventure. I believe this is the reason I truly love quest-based novels. The Eye of the Sword is so heroic, romantic and full of action that I couldn't stop reading. I love the mix of mythology with angels and a high fantasy setting to top the book off. The characters are full of life and magical in their own ways. Trevin proves himself a worthy man through the course of the book. I love the way he has started to grow into his own skin and starts to shed the guilt he has felt for having worked for evil forces when he met Melaia in the first novel. And meeting the original characters in the myth that centers the book is just stunning and really captured the heart of the book.

Final Verdict:
I cannot wait to read the next novel. I love this series and am dying to see what will happen next. Pick these books up if you love high fantasy that is quest based and something a bit unusual in that realm.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eye of the Sword.

03/11/2012 page 138