Megan's Reviews > Night World, No. 2

Night World, No. 2 by L.J. Smith

Feb 03, 12

Read from January 28 to February 01, 2012

WARNING: THIS CONTAINS SPOILERS!

Dark Angel

Gillian seemed to me a very gullible person. I understand that she thinks she owes her life to "Angel" but there were way too many signs pointing to the obvious. Cutting your hair isn't that outrageous so that was okay, and even some of the things she was saying and doing to be popular seemed harmless. But what with the spells against those girls? That's where I would have drawn the line. And even though the other things seemed okay, she shoud have realized that if "Angel" was what he said he was than he would have told her to have confidence in who you are. Not "change everything about yourself to make people think they like you". Goodness, that was a bit much. Either way though, everything worked out like it usually does in love stories so hoo-rah!

The Chosen

BAD-ASS! Loved it! Well, not the whole kidnapping part, that was bad. But it did make the story spicy! I love strong-willed heroines, they never let me down! Rashel had a lot of assets that are nice in the lead character; strong, smart, stubborn, and kindhearted. Even when Quinn seemed his most persuasive she stood her ground. I liked it all the way through and was glad no one sat around like helpless little girls. Of course they needed the motivation, but who wouldn't?

Soulmate

Reminded me a lot of The Immortals series by Alyson Noel. The whole reincarnation thing with the cycle. When Maya was after Hannah in every life and killed her just before she turned seventeen. Just like in The Immortals. I'm just glad it was only this one story and not dragged out into a series. Don't get me wrong, I did like this one too, but I feel like it was too close to what The Immortals was like and I got tired of that one fast. Still turned out good though :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Night World, No. 2.