Ciara's Reviews > Can You Keep a Secret?

Can You Keep a Secret? by Sophie Kinsella

Jan 28, 12

Read in November, 2011

I absolutely adored this book!!! I found myself hysterically laughing uncontrollably more times than I could count, and definately could relate to the main character Emma Corrigan, who despite being in her late 20's still could not decide what she wants to be when she "grows up". She finds herself on a plan from a business meeting that did not go so well, sitting next to a complete stranger when turbulence causes the passengers to believe that the plane will crash and she begins to spill all of her secrets to the handsome stranger in a desperate attempt to right all of her wrongs because she feels pretending is no longer an option if she is dying!!! She admits she doesn't love her boyfriend, the "Ken" to her Barbie, she complains about their sex life, his inability to make her sexually satisfied, her dislike in her coworkers, her dislike in some office procedures, etc. absoutely hysterical. Just her luck, they live and part ways to never see eachother again. The next day she discovers the handsome stranger is her handsome CEO of her company Jack Harper, and her whole world is turned upside down!!! He makes her startto question why she continures to live her life unhappily and makes her realize that in the end, she should be the only one she needs to make happy. As she begins to reevaluate her life, you embark on her road to self discovery and start to really fall in love with Emma and find yourself deeply engrossed in this realistic adaptation of the modern twenty something stumbling through life desperately seeking the right road in life!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Can You Keep a Secret?.