Margaret's Reviews > Tallulah's Solo

Tallulah's Solo by Marilyn Singer

Mar 08, 12

bookshelves: children-s, picture-book, clarion-books, houghton-mifflin-harcourt, ages-3-to-8, may-2012, ballet-ballerina, favorites
Read on January 27, 2012 — I own a copy

Although I have not yet read Tallulah's Tutu after experiencing Tallulah's Solo I have added it to my wishlist. Tallulah is a cute little girl who loves her ballet very much and has dreams of what she is capable to become. When her brother starts taking ballet and is not quite as dedicated as she, her frustration abounds. Then to throw in that he gets a special choreographed part and she's plain mad.

This is a gorgeous picture book that may help to teach children to stop and look at the big picture of events when something appears to be unfair and completely frustrating to them. The illustrations are very pretty and the characters are quaint. I enjoyed watching the interactions of Tallulah with her family and class. Having more and more boys involved in ballet makes me happy and I think this is a great introduction for others.

I know ballet was a short activity in my youth and as just now AppleBlossom is getting an introduction through various books and movies we'll see what she might want to do.

*Thanks to HMH for providing a copy for review.*

Tallulah's Tutu Tallulah's Solo

schedule posted: http://creativemadnessmama.com/blog/2...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tallulah's Solo.