Jilly's Reviews > Anne's House of Dreams

Anne's House of Dreams by L.M. Montgomery

Jan 27, 2012

liked it
Read in January, 2009

I think this series has a standard. It doesn't really stand out like the first book of this series and it isn't so boring you can't read it. I really enjoy Anne and all her little issues but at times the story feels slow to me.

I do like Gilbert and it is nice to see him a little more in this story. It is hard to deal with the budding relationship in the previous book because you only ever see the gushing tales she tells Gilbert and never any response from him.

What I did enjoy about this book was the new characters. Leslie is a gem and makes things in Four Winds a little more interesting with her tales of woe and her life changes.

Captain Jim is another character I love and I especially love the way he and Miss Cornelia bicker because he is always just trying to get her to argue.

The book has a terribly sad moment when Gilbert and Anne have their first child and then lose it but things do move on and become a little happier.

I know this is geared for young children but it always seems a little too slow for kids with imaginations. My niece couldn't get through the first book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Anne's House of Dreams.