Bluerose's Heart's Reviews > The Gospel Story Bible

The Gospel Story Bible by Marty Machowski

Jan 27, 12

bookshelves: christian, children-3-8, young-reader-8-12
Read in January, 2012

I really feel like the author has taken great care in summarizing the Bible stories without adding, taking away, or changing important details. I won't even pretend that I was familiar with every one of the stories to know if there were any issues, but I didn't notice anything so far. The wording of the stories make me think of the way a Sunday school(or Wednesday night) teacher would summarize a story for their class. At the end of each story, there a "Let's Talk About It" section that contains 3 different questions about the story or the picture.

I only have one issue with The Gospel Story Bible so far. I know that many of you will roll your eyes at this, but the background colors of the page hurt my eyes. Each story get a 2-page spread. The story takes up about a page and then there's a picture taking up the other page. These pages alternate between bright colors. (There's about 7 to 8 different colors). It strains my eyes extremely easily and makes them "flash". I wear contacts, so my eyesight isn't the issue. I really do wish that a more neutral color had been used for the pages, but otherwise, I think this book it great!! If you don't think the colors would be an issue, I highly recommend The Gospel Story Bible.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Gospel Story Bible.