Stephanie's Reviews > A Land of Ash

A Land of Ash by David Dalglish

Jan 27, 12

bookshelves: apocalypse, arc, kindle, sci-fi

high school & up

A series of short stories about what happens in the aftermath of a the eruption of a supervolcano. This supervolcano is located in Yellowstone National Park. Each story is set a little further out in time from the main eruption. The stories all have different settings and different characters but with the same focus: surviving.

I actually read this twice because I had no recollection of reading it the first time. Well, at least not based on the title alone. I remembered it once I started reading. But I also remembered that I enjoyed it the first time so I went on reading. **No fault of the book. I blame it on my Kindle, which I love. That is fodder for a whole 'nother post though.**

I'm sure I've mentioned that I'm kinda a disaster freak. So I was automatically predisposed to like this book. The first story takes a little bit to get into. It wasn't clear at first which natural disaster has happened. After that the stories are no less engaging for being short. This is a very enjoyable, quick read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Land of Ash.