Andrea's Reviews > Tiger's Curse

Tiger's Curse by Colleen Houck

Jan 27, 12

bookshelves: disappointments

*contains minor spoilers!
Seeing as how long it took me so long to finish reading this (about two weeks!) , it’s obvious I didn’t like it. So, this whole review will be jubbled up and full of ranting and whatnot, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED, let’s start from the beginning.

I think the prologue was very well written and I think if it started any other way I would have put it down from the very first page. Houck has a better ability at writing in 3rd person then first.

So, right away I can tell Kelsey is an unrealistic, naive and immature character. I personally don’t know any 17, 18 year old who acts like her. (myself being 17 almost 18) She seems like a 10 year old who has been through a rough patch in life. I see her as a heroine and then not. She’s very selfless, a little too selfless and from the very first joke she said, I knew I wasn’t going to like her because it just seemed like Houck was trying too hard to find her inner teen. And the character of Kelsey just didn’t working out for me. I didn’t like her at all.

From the synopsis its self it’s pretty easy to figure out what’s going to happen from beginning, middle and end. It was all too predictable. I think it would have all worked out if the writing was better.

When Kelsey was asked to go to Indian, and from a stranger, I think she agreed way too soon, personally my parents would need about 6 months to 1 year notice and then another year to think about it! All in all, the whole book, except for the Indian mythology, was very very unrealistic.

That being said, I loved the mythology. It was one of the reasons I kept reading. It was very interesting and I liked reading about it.

What I didn’t like was the fact that Ren fell in love with Kelsey so soon, he barely knew her and she doesn’t seem very likable. Same goes for Kishan. I guess they were stuck being Tigers for too long.
Though I did like both of them because I could just picture how gorgeous and beautiful they both are. (in human form, but I suppose animal form also!)

Ugh, I don’t know. I just didn’t enjoy this book as much as I thought I was going to. I read all these great reviews about it but when it came down to it, I wasn’t happy. I have to admit though that I was starting to think I was liking the book towards the end, but then I realized I only did because it was ending.

I don’t know if I will read the 2nd or 3rd or 4th, or just finish the series. If I do, I’ll be borrowing it from a friend or library because I feel like I wasted $17 with the first.

IS IT JUST ME OR DOES THE BOOK FEEL RATHER FREAKING HEAVY? I DIDN’T LIKE THAT, RECYCLE HOUCK!

Overall it was alright, not the best.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tiger's Curse.

08/15/2011 page 132
33.0% "Honestly, I can't wait to finish this. It's not very good :*"
08/16/2011 page 153
38.0% "Ugh -____-"
08/17/2011 page 240
60.0% "can't wait to finish this ;/"
show 3 hidden updates…

Hannah Oh my God, I know EXACTLY what you mean, sister.

Andrea Thank God I'm not the only one! I don't how it gets so many positive review ;(

message 3: by Kat (new) - rated it 1 star

Kat Yay! Someone agrees <3 I didn't get past page 82... Kelsey was so freaking idiotic! And every time she talked she sounded freaking 30 :/ It was like the author was trying to sound like a teenage girl and failed miserably.

Andrea Oh, I know! I truely can't understand how people enjoy the books!

Hayleyellison1999 Yes I found Kelsey younger then she is supposed to be