Laura the Highland Hussy's Reviews > My Lord Vampire

My Lord Vampire by Alexandra Ivy

2043222
Apr 21, 12

Read from March 19 to April 07, 2012

I really enjoy Alexandra Ivy’s Guardians of Eternity vampire series, so when I was offered this book for review I jumped on it! It’s not the same series, in fact it’s an older book she re-vamped (pardon my vampire pun), but it’s set in the same world, and we see cross-over characters.

I did like the book, but I don’t feel it really hooked me the same way her other series did. My biggest complaint is that the hero is sent from behind the veil (where the vampires have gone to devote their lives to becoming more enlightened) to the human realm. One of their own is slaughtering humans like the days of old, and Gideon was chosen to stop him. This was my main complaint. Gideon feels he can reason with his serial killer. He’ll just explain how hunting humans is wrong and his buddy will go peacefully back behind the veil. Ummm. No. It’s not logical. Maybe at first, but then once he faced off with Tristan for the first time and realized what a monster he really was? I don’t know, for such an enlightened vampire, it didn’t make sense. I didn't like how Gideon kept wanting to avoid harming other vampires when the enemy is a psycho who's leaving him "gifts" in the form of mutilated women.

Now what I did like was the heroine. I really liked her. A lot. Her spirit, her secret, her personality, I feel she really made the book. Her gowns and the reason she made them herself was a nice touch. I also never guessed her past, so the mystery is really good.

This book was enjoyable and easy, you don’t have to be current in her other series to read and like this one. The Immortal Rogues series has something else going for it; it’s Historical Paranormal. My favorite thing about this book is that it’s Regency, it’s vampires, it’s a great mix!

A quick regency vampire romance. Enjoyable and easy.

***Thank you to Kensington for providing the Review Copy

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Lord Vampire.

03/26/2012 page 30
04/06/2012 page 200
64.0% "I don't like how the hero keeps wanting to avoid harming other vampires when the enemy is a psycho who's leaving him "gifts" in the form of mutilated women"
show 2 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dee (new) - added it

Dee Waiting to see you full review Laura....I have got this but is the original which was released under her other name Deborah Raleigh

message 2: by Dee (new) - added it

Dee Nice review Laura.

message 3: by Laura the Highland Hussy (last edited Apr 22, 2012 12:44PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Laura the Highland Hussy Dee wrote: "Nice review Laura.

Shame it didn't match her other series :(....I was kind of looking forward to reading this one and now i am not too sure :("

Thanks Dee.

I did like it, it just wasn't fantastic. You could tell it was an earlier work. I did like seeing Nefri the vampiress who created the veil though :)

message 4: by Dee (new) - added it

Dee Hhmm thanks Laura - it might be worth a go especially as it sort of linked to the Guardians Series as I would be interested in the 'beginning'.