Vannessa's Reviews > The Iron Daughter

The Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa

Jan 31, 12

bookshelves: fae-fairy-mostly, kindle-books, young-adult
Read from January 27 to 29, 2012

Although YA is not normally a book of choice for me, I really enjoyed the last 2 books in this series and this one didn't totally disappoint either.

As promised Meghan returns with Prince Ash to the Winter Court. She finds herself, cold, lonely and just plain miserable. Ash is being the cold hearted fae she expected him to be, refusing to look at her and when he does speak to her, he reminds her she is just a lowly half-breed not worthy of speaking to a royal prince! He was being such an ass! Yet Meghan still declared that she loved him. Why?! This was my only real problem with the book. There was not a particularly great relationship developed in the last book and I don't understand how she could claim to love him, but I guess that teenage love for you!

Whilst at the Winter Court one of the other Winter Princes is killed by the Iron Fae and the Summer Court are immediately blamed by Queen Mab. She does not believe the Iron Fae even exist, let alone could get into her palace, kill her son and steal the Sceptre of Seasons. Ash grabs Meghan and soon they are on a journey to find the Sceptre and try to return everything to normal.

Well obviously things don't quite run that smoothly and they encounter many friends and foe along the way. Ash is overtaken by Virus and tries to kill Meghan and Puck, who manages to come out of his deep sleep in time. Meghan also manages to gain a new friend, Ironhorse, who was one of the Iron King's lieutenants. He does not want to follow the new false Iron King and declares to help Meghan get the Sceptre back in order to install the rightful Iron King on the throne. I loved Ironhorse's voice - I imagine him to have a big booming voice just like Samuel L Jackson's in Pulp Fiction - you know the scene I mean!

Meghan also develops a new faery power, which I think will develop even more in the next book. Virus made a couple of comments which got me thinking, especially when the title of the book really doesn't have anything to do with the story.

The ending was a surprise as well. I didn't expect a complete HEA, but got more than I thought!

Looking forward to reading the next one in the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Iron Daughter.