Luce's Reviews > Blue Bloods

Blue Bloods by Melissa de la Cruz

Mar 14, 12

bookshelves: absolute-favorites
Read in August, 2010

I seriously want to cry EVERY TIME I READ ANOTHER REVIEW OF THIS BOOK!

Some people say thing book isn't worth reading, well i say that you're not worth it then. THIS BOOK IS AMAZING! I don't recommend this book to the younger crowd factoring in the drinking and other touchy subjects but otherwise i strongly like the book. Twilight didn't do it for me and was depressing, sad, and stupid. I'm just being honest, but Blue Bloods was fun, upbeat, funny, witty, romantic, with just the right tough of drama without overdoing it.

I have read the rest of the series (or at the books that are out now) and enjoyed the rest just as much as the first one, although i found by the fifth book the story took a turn and became to sappy in some parts, but then as if the author (The fantastic Melissa De La Cruz) read my mind i was given in 'Lost In Time' a fantastic and fun book that sucked the overly sappy part of the book and only left a little in it. So Twi-hards probably won't love it because you're all obsessed with true love and all that crap. Well this book has that if you want it to, you can let your mind play it up.

Although i admit the forbidden romance is there and a big factor in the story, and Jack and Shuyler unconditionally love each other, the love triangle is dropped (Mimi-Jack-Shuyler + Oliver-Jack-Shuyler) and is gone by the third book Revelations.

So i highly recommend this to you if you're looking for a fantastic book, it is fun and i really encourage you to read (if you like this) the book Crave and Twi-Hards will like that book to!

P.S. Crave is a bit more sappy love and stuff BUT still great
P.P.S. Crave is by Melissa Jenson

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blue Bloods.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Reem (new) - added it

Reem Hardan First of all I really like your review.Second I was really excited to read this book but there's a love triangle??? it's the one thing I cannot handle in books.
Third of all, I love Crave too, did you read the second book?!?!