6th Grade Honors Language Arts Class's Reviews > Cinderella

Cinderella by Henry W. Hewet

U_50x66
Cinderella
By: Henry W. Hewett

This book is an older version of the book Cinderella. The genre is fiction. In my opinion this book is a great book I like it because personally like the older version of any book especially if they are somewhat fantasy. I also liked how the stepmother was described in this book.
In this book Cinderella gets invited to the ball and her step sisters try and steal it to show the mother, the stepmother of Cinderella. The stepmother sooner or later finds out about the invite so her stepmother acts like she does not know about and makes a HUGE list of chores for Cinderella to do that night. The step sister’s end up going to the ball instead of Cinderella and after hours of working, a godmother shows up and helps Cinderella get ready to go the ball. So she gets a limo instead of a carriage. She shows up at the ball and the prince asks her to dance and she loses her glass slipper as she was running up the stairs as the clocked struck 12! The prince finds her glass slipper and spends days trying to find her to return the slipper of hers.
Of course what would this book be like without characters? My personal favorite character would have to be the stepsisters, out of the stepmother, the prince Cinderella and the godmother. I like them because they are so funny and they act like themselves even though they are twins. I also really like really like the author because he really explained the setting and all of the characters. I personally think that this book’s theme is to also be aware of great things. I really like the setting of the story especially when they are at the ball because it was explained very thoughtfully.
Is this book a kid book? Yes. I think this book is a kid book, in fact, I think that it is better than the regular Cinderella. I also think that they would enjoy it more the regular one because this book was explained great. I also think that the author made this book for all ages by the way he explained the characters.
I would rate this book on a scale from 1-10 probably a 9. I would not give this book a 10 because there were a few things that the author could have explained more like the setting of the house. I would recommend this book to someone because I think this is a great book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cinderella.