Michelle Pickett's Reviews > Touch of Death

Touch of Death by Kelly Hashway

Oct 25, 2012

Read from October 16 to 20, 2012

I can't believe this is Kelly Hashway's debut YA novel. It reads as though she's a veteran author.

I finished reading Touch of Death a few days ago, but it has been hard for me to write the review. Not because I didn't like the book. But because I loved it! There is so much going on, I'm afraid anything I write will be a spoiler! The action starts on the first page and continues to the last. The story held my attention throughout and I was kind of bummed when it ended. I wanted to know more about the school…I can't wait for the sequel!

I immediately fell in love with Jodi. I think her character was very well written. She was relatable and believable. I liked that she questioned her status in life instead of just accepting it and moving on like everything was normal. I hate when authors write a character that just accepts a huge transformation—oh, by the way, you're a werewolf. I am? Cool—Nope, not believable. Having Jodi question and become upset by the changes she was going through made her real.

Alex was also well written and likeable. I loved his sense of humor and slight air of arrogance (but in a good way). I can't wait for book two to see if things progress between him and Jodi. His hotness/sweetness meter was going up by the end of the book. I hope we get to see more of that in the sequel.

The antagonists, ah, I'm not going to say too much about them. I don't want to spoil anything. The characters were, again, well written. There was a little twist at the end, one I didn't see coming.

I really enjoyed Touch of Death. I'm really excited to read Stalked by Death and see how the story progresses.

I give Touch of Death Five BIG stars.
4 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Touch of Death.