Sherry's Reviews > Freakonomics: A Rogue Economist Explores the Hidden Side of Everything

Freakonomics by Steven D. Levitt

Nov 18, 10

bookshelves: favorites
Read from November 10 to 16, 2010

I finally finished this book! It was recommended to me eons ago, and for some reason, I just never got around to checking it out from the library. I finally just bought a copy when we were getting ready for a trip out of the country, and it was a terrific read, which I knew it would be.

It's in the same vein as Malcolm Gladwell's stuff -- social sciences turned into pop reading -- which is probably why I've been loving this new trend in publishing so much. Sociology was always my passion. I'm glad the rest of the world is catching up too. When I was in school, sociology changed my life pretty drastically, and I'm hoping it has similar effects on people who read these books. They take a lot of things that people typically use their emotions to make decisions about and force you to rethink.

It's a short book and entertaining. If you haven't read it, do! I'll get back to you after reading the sequel, Superfreakonomics: Global Cooling, Patriotic Prostitutes and Why Suicide Bombers Should Buy Life Insurance.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Freakonomics.