Wei Cho's Reviews > Deception Point

Jan 27, 12

bookshelves: action
Read in July, 2007

dear reader,

My first Dan Brown novel. It kept me turning from page to page, thrilled by the action and fast paced plot. Lost by everything that was going on at once for more times I can care to count. Baffled at the new information the author was hurling at me all at once. Confused by the sudden and unexpected plot twists. And frustrated at the stupidity of human simpleness when reasoning possible motives for the death of their comrades or whatever.

The twist and motives for the treason weren't strong enough for me, and it lacked flow and intellect. The main character is female, strong, intelligent, beautiful, and rich (I didn't expected less from Mr. Brown). Anyway, typical super heroine from an action book.

I wanted more than just thoughtless and senseless action from the book. I was expecting a cunning and deliberate plot twists that I didn't see coming, but I eventually settled with it, considering it brilliant, beyond amazingness. The book fell short from it.

The dialogues are comical, but most of the times I found myself rolling my eyes to the "quirky" and "witty" comments of the characters. Please, nobody will ever say what you're saying, or joking the way you're joking!

Anyway. I didn't feel the "deception" the book describes, I just felt sheer disappointment.

happy reading,

CS

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deception Point.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Christian I felt the same way you did about this book. The sane for the Da Vinci code. The ending of the 'code' let me down. But the lead-up was pretty intriguing.