Lola's Reviews > Wasteland

Jan 27, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: e-books-on-kobo, books-that-i-own, got-a-copy-for-review-reviewed
Read on January 30, 2012

I got a copy for review in exchange for an honest review.

I liked this book, but it was not great. It is a nice enjoyable story, but do not expect much more than that. The story is about a half demon David who after years of confinement is sent out in the world again to find a girl who has some significance (what isn't exaclty clear at the beginning and this is only revealed later on). The beginning is a bit confusing, but quite fast we understand who David is and what he has to do. Ofcourse this book is a romance and David quickly falls in love with a woman. But if he sleeps with a women he will turn complete demon, so he has to struggle to not fall in love.

I liked the idea behing the story. I also liked that the narrator is a male. I liked how David had to struggle to contain his inner demon. But strangely enough I liked the first half of the story more than the second half. I am not going tell why, because I do not want to spoiler anything. The story contains some unexpected plot twist, but overal the story is petty predictable. Also there where some parts that went a bit too fast and other events that seemed to drag on a bit.

For a romance novel it in fact does contain not too much romance. There is much action in the book, altough I have to say that the action scenes where a bit boring. The fights seemed very easy and I felt like the same thing happened again and again. The action scenes just weren't that interesting. there where many fights, but they weren't interesting. I also easily tired of some phrases that where used a bit too often, like the word "treasure" and the fact that every time there is romance both character moan a bit too much. And the way the characters use the same word to refer to each other (view spoiler)

The characters where oké, but there was not much depth to them. The lead chcracters felt in love with each other at first sight, something I do not like. But they where very faithful to each other, which I did like. The characters where oké, but i didn't really felt like a knew them and didn't really cared what happened to them. I also found it strange that when (view spoiler)

To conclude a nice and enjoyable story, but do not expect too much. The story is oké, but not great. The book contains a lot of action for a romance novel. The romance was a bit predictable. But overal it was a nice book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wasteland.

01/30/2012
01/30/2012
60.0% "I am liking it. It is a romance book, but it alos contains a lot of action. The romance could've been better. But so far it is an enjoyable read."
show 1 hidden update…

Comments (showing 1-2)

dateUp arrow    newest »

Lynn Rush Hi, Lolita. Thanks for adding Wasteland to your to-read shelf! I hope you enjoy reading the story as much as I enjoyed writing it! :)

Lola I also hope I do enjoy it. It sounds really interesting. I finally found via your webiste a site that actually sells this book :P. I am hoping to read it soon and I will write a review about it here on goodreads.