Susan Mann's Reviews > New Beginnings

New Beginnings by Rebecca Emin

Jan 27, 2012

Read in January, 2012

I was delighted to hear that Rebecca got her novel published and even more delighted to get to read it when it came out. New Beginnings is aimed at children aged 7+ and I feel every child should read this. As a parent with a child at school, I am pleased to have read it and hope what I have read I can pass on to help my little one.

The story is about Sam and anyone who has suffered any kind of bullying or teasing at school will be able to relate to Sam. I know I could fully relate to her situation. She moves from her comfortable surroundings in her primary school to high school, where everything is different, everyone is different and she struggles to fit in.

I was so happy when she confided in someone and that there is always hope. I liked the happy ending and don't want to give to much away but you will have a smile from ear to ear.

This book brought me back to what it was like being in high school, how hard it was to fit in and the everyday struggles with the snide comments. I am grateful I am out of it.

I would highly recommend this for all children aged around 9 upwards, it will help them deal with difficult situations, such as bullying. It is an easy and quick read, which they will be able to get through without any problems. There is also quite a bit of advice in there for parents who suspect their child is being bullied, I know I am keeping a hold of this book to read again when mine are a bit older. All in all an excellent book.

You can find out more about Rebecca and her books on her website.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read New Beginnings.