stephanie's Reviews > The Fault in Our Stars

1962665
Jan 27, 2012

bookshelves: 2012, skb, ya-lit
Read on July 23, 2012

“There are infinite numbers between 0 and 1. There's .1 and .12 and .112 and an infinite collection of others. Of course, there is a bigger infinite set of numbers between 0 and 2, or between 0 and a million. Some infinities are bigger than other infinities. A writer we used to like taught us that. There are days, many of them, when I resent the size of my unbounded set. I want more numbers than I'm likely to get, and God, I want more numbers for Augustus Waters... But, Gus, my love, I cannot tell you how thankful I am for our little infinity. I wouldn't trade it for the world. You gave me a forever within the numbered days, and I'm grateful.”

Oh John Green, you do this to me every time. First with 'Katherines' & then with 'Alaska'...And now this! I couldn't go to sleep last night until I finished reading The Fault in Our Stars. I waited what seems like an eternity on the library hold-list for a copy of this book; and when it finally arrived, I devoured it in less than 24 hours. Well worth the wait. Well worth it, JG.

I join the army of fans who cried their eyes out over these wonderful characters & the world of The Fault in Our Stars. What a truly touching story.

Tyler Works that is a great quote.