Đinh Trang Giang Thanh's Reviews > Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man: What Men Really Think About Love, Relationships, Intimacy, and Commitment

Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man by Steve Harvey
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mike (new)

Mike Norton This one is eh....don't ever let one man speak for all men. I don't care who he is.

message 2: by Đinh Trang (new) - added it

Đinh Trang Giang Thanh Mike wrote: "This one is eh....don't ever let one man speak for all men. I don't care who he is."

Oh, thanks for your advice Mike. A friend of mine she highly recommended me reading this book, haha! And, er... you know, I was kinda curious ;)

message 3: by Đinh Trang (new) - added it

And this one, too (http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/46...). The title sounds inviting. However, I'm not really into those kinds of book.

message 4: by Mike (new)

Mike Norton I admire anyone who tries to learn about the opposite sex's psychology in this way; it shows that you really care about a good relationship.

I myself read many things like this about women. The second one you posted seems a bit more realistic. However, I'm just judging by its title and cover, comparing it to my personal experience as a man.

I'd recommend the second one before the first one.

message 5: by Mike (new)

Mike Norton What a man REALLY thinks about a relationship is entirely dependent on a myriad of variables including his cultural or ethnic upbringing and morals, experience (or lack thereof), maturity, open-mindedness, etc.

There's no way that one writer could truly put it like it is in just a few hundred pages of text. Two brothers who live under the same roof could view women in entirely different ways.

However, why men love "bitches" per se, seems to approach attraction on a more guttural genetic level; attraction between the sexes is highly dependent upon status. Status can be feigned or true depending on a multitude of different variables as well: finances, confidence, intelligence, etc.

This is why I would recommend the second one.

message 6: by Mike (last edited Jan 29, 2012 01:56PM) (new)

Mike Norton Whatever it is that you choose, I wish you the best and hope you accomplish whatever it is that you seek in a relationship, or the understanding of how men think.

I've been studying this material for years; if you need anyone to ask advice about, consider me a bit of a "Hitch". I've dated women from all around the world in my travels, and have much wisdom to share from personal experience, and theoretical study.

message 7: by Đinh Trang (new) - added it

Đinh Trang Giang Thanh Mike wrote: "Whatever it is that you choose, I wish you the best and hope you accomplish whatever it is that you seek in a relationship, or the understanding of how men think.

I've been studying this material ..."

Much appreciated Mike :)

message 8: by Mike (new)

Mike Norton It's my honor.