Andi Newberry ~Tubbs's Reviews > Not in the Heart

Not in the Heart by Chris Fabry

Feb 19, 12

Read from January 26 to February 19, 2012

Truman Wiley is a man at the end of his rope. He has no job, he's lost his home, his car, his marriage is falling apart, if all of that isn't bad enough his son, Aiden is dying from an heart ailment and is in desperate need of a heart transplant.
His wife, Ellen throws him a life line when she comes to him and tells him that Oleta the wife of Terrance Conley who is a death row inmate wants him to write a book about his life, his execution is forth coming and he wants to give their son his heart. Truman is shocked but is willing to write the story.

No sooner does Truman get the retainer from Oleta than he has hit the gambling tables and it is gone! He can't bear to go and visit his son, and when he does he hardly stays. Enter his daughter Abigail who is determined to help him write this story and hold him accountable with regards to Aiden.

Chris Fabry has written a true to life story with Not In The Heart. I felt every emotion, and I wanted to literally kill Truman more than once. The characters are so vivid and the emotion is so real you feel as if you are right there with them. I highly recommend this book.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Not in the Heart.