Ellen's Reviews > Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging

Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging by Louise Rennison

Apr 07, 12

bookshelves: english-420

ROMANCE

This is a hilarious book, but a bit raunchy. It's about a teenage British girl, Georgia, or Georgie, who is wanting a boyfriend, hating and loving her family at the same time, and trying not to get into too much trouble at school. All the adults in her lives are ridiculous including her lesbian gym teacher. The book is written like a diary. The British expressions made me crack up, and I definitely appreciate the glossary of terms in the back. Words like "knickers" (underwear) "prat," "thick," "wet" and "daft" were hilarious. Georgia spends an amazing amount of time wondering how to make her nose smaller, her breasts bigger, and her knees not quite so knobby. She loves her little sister, but is horrified by the things she says to her potential boyfriends like, "Today, Georgia did a big poo." Georgia fights with her viscious cat and tries to keep him from killing the neighbor's yappy dog, and is mortified by the mustache her father is growing. She spends most of the book trying to get a certain boy who she calls SG (Sex God) to notice her. It is silly and entertaining book, something to read when you want to laugh at the horrors and joys of adolescence. There is really no plot. Nothing really happens. The reader just goes through Georgia's amusing teenager days. Georgia is 14, and I wouldn't really want my 14-year old daughter reading about "snogging" boys and perhaps more, so I think it would be for older girls and maybe adults.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging.