Shh I'm reading!'s Reviews > The Princess and the Peer

The Princess and the Peer by Tracy Anne Warren

May 17, 12

it was ok
Read in May, 2012

I struggled to finish this one, mainly because I found Emma, the heroine, to be incredibly young and irritating. I don't mind being young, impulsive, or even headstrong. What I do mind is not having any common sense. *Spoilers below*

Run off and have an adventure, that's fine. Can you check and see if you actually have someplace to run to? When you decide that you have to go out and see London sans any kind of disguise, don't be surprised when you find someone actually looking for you. Last but not least, if you fall in love with a peer, as a princess don't be surprised if he may actually show up to a royal ball in your honor.

Other than that, my issue was a lack of intrigue in the plot. Yes, there was a difference in social standing but it wasn't as if a relationship between them was completely impossible. She's a princess and he's an earl, not a dockworker. If there had been more of a focus on what her ending her proposed betrothal would do for her country, I could have accepted that. However, she barely considers that in her quest to be united with her love. Coincidentally, I can barely consider the idea of reading this book again. A shame, because I've enjoyed Warren's work in the past.
3 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Princess and the Peer.