Ariadna73's Reviews > The Way We Eat: Why Our Food Choices Matter

The Way We Eat by Peter Singer

Jan 26, 12

bookshelves: chronics
Read from May 29 to October 06, 2008

The Way We Eat is disturbing. And sort of hopeless. It tells us that virtually anything that we eat nowadays is contaminated by cruelty; bad working conditions (slavery); injustice; greed; and social imbalance. It says that there is a tiny hope for a solution if we start to consciously decide what to buy and where. It is very altruistic; but when one strips out all the things that harm the environment; or have a poor family starving to death; or a cruel animal death behind; there is virtually nothing left to eat. What are we supposed to do? We too are supposed to starve to death? The book says: no; you just do not buy food because it is cheap. Please buy food that you can make sure that it comes from a socially healthy environment. When the readers answer well; the food then will be too expensive; the amazing answer is: do you really need to eat as much as you do now? Aren't you overweighed to begin with? Go ahead and buy conscious food; less food but more quality. It is better for your health and for the planet. I am not sure if that many readers will listen to this very truthful argument.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Way We Eat.