Jackie's Reviews > Affairs of Steak

Affairs of Steak by Julie Hyzy

F_50x66
Jan 26, 12

So, I debated between 3 and 4 stars. Still can't decide. I really do enjoy this series. I wish, though, that the titles were different. Somehow these titles imply pretty mindless, fluff books you can read with only half your brain. And that really isn't the case with these. The silly titles almost do a dis-service to the books.

This series has been fun. The characters are fairly real, the dialogue interesting and the plot complex enough that you really want to keep reading to find out "who-done-it". I enjoy the fact that the books are clean without being sappy and require a bit of mental investment to follow all the threads. And if you pay attention, you can surely see that most everything that happens has a purpose. I've liked these books enough to read all 5 in the series.

Interestingly, I chatted some months ago with a lady from another state who was bemoaning the lack of these - and similar - books at her local library. How fortunate I am to live in an area that places distinct value on public libraries and acquiring all kinds of books for people to read.

Anyway, I'll be for sure looking for more of Ms. Hyzy's books to read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Affairs of Steak.