Sara's Reviews > Solitary

Solitary by Travis Thrasher

F_50x66
Jan 26, 12

Chris Buckley moves to Solitary, North Carolina from the Chicago suburbs as a result of his parents' divorce. Once in Solitary they are all on their own, and Solitary isn't the friendliest of places.
Then a girl named Jocelyn crosses his path, and he instantly becomes addicted to her. Her mysterious ways entice him and his life goal becomes that he must learn more about her.

As Chris beings to learn more about Solitary he learns of unexplained deaths, missing kids, and beyond strange nightmares. He knows something seriously wrong is going on in the town of Solitary, but no matter what he won't let anything happen to Jocelyn.

Ok, I found this a very good read, if you like Twilight you will defiantly enjoy this just as much or perhaps even better. Thrasher's writing style is genius, and from the first page he'd gotten me hooked. Though the paragraph breaks were extremely annoying at points.

I found Chris' fascination with Jocelyn very interesting, and that's what got me hooked why I was still reading the Preface. I did notice that the book was extremely realistic. Between the relationship between Chris and Jocelyn and everything else going on it felt so real.

The horror elements in the book were a bit scary, I had to set it down several times before I could continue reading because I was scared to see what was going to happen next.

Though I did give it 4 stars for a reason and here it is: I felt a little cheated. Probably about halfway through the book, Solitary revealed itself to be Christian Fiction. Now I have no issue with Christianity or Christian Fiction, it's just the fact that there were no descriptions indicating that it was Christian Fiction is all.

At 400 pages Solitary is a heavy read, but entirely worth it, of course if Christian Fiction is your thing. I'm definitely going to read the rest of the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Solitary.