Meg's Reviews > The Rose Garden

The Rose Garden by Susanna Kearsley

Jan 26, 2012

Read from January 26 to 28, 2012

There have been certain times in my life, when on historic ground, I have believed to see small glimpses into the past. A shadow of a child playing, a man and woman out for a walk, a wounded soilder, or a mother comforting her child. To me, the walls between time have always seemed very thin.

I read my first time travel book around the age of 10. It was called, "Can I Get There by Candlelight?" and oh how I wished I was the girl in that story! I could so vividly imagine the thrilling aspect of being able to experience a whole other time! Ever since then I could not resist a good time travel book.

"The Rose Garden" by Susanna Kearsley transported me to the early 1700's. I had so much fun reading this novel! It was one that was hard to put down. And even though it would be a great vacation read, I was surprised at some of the deep and meaningful undertones having to do with time itself. I would like to think that someday in the future someone might glimpse into the past and see me living my life :)

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Rose Garden.

Quotes Meg Liked

Susanna Kearsley
“Whatever time we have," he said, "it will be time enough.”
Susanna Kearsley, The Rose Garden

Susanna Kearsley
“Knowing that the battle will not end the way he wishes does not make it any less worthwhile the fight.”
Susanna Kearsley, The Rose Garden