Sheryl's Reviews > Woman Betrayed

Woman Betrayed by Barbara Delinsky

Feb 22, 12

bookshelves: relationships, family-drama, chick-lit, reviewed-by-me
Read from February 09 to 22, 2012

A Woman Betrayed by Barbara Delinsky ~ So, how well do you really know someone? Do you actually know what a person you have know for years, someone that you have trusted with your life would be capable of? Well, let me tell you, Laura Frye (the woman betrayed) as the title says, is about to find out what is in store for her. Her "perfect" husband, Jeff, doesn't come home one evening. Of course, Laura and their two kids, Scott and Debra, initially expect the worst. Was he in a horrible accident? Was he taken and being held for ransom? But, in the days to come, all of the pieces start to come together and they will soon learn that the man that they knew and loved escaped (essentially a perfect life) but a life he couldn't take anymore for his own selfish reasons. The domino effect starts happening, and because of his actions, everyone suffers. They suffer emotionally & financially they struggle and just when they thought things couldn't get any worse...BAM! The kids suffer on a whole different level... One betrayal after another comes to light! He turns his family...and the town they live in upside down all because he is a selfish @$$ h0le!! Pardon my language (but he is).... That being said.... he really did EVERYONE involved a huge favor! Bigger and better cards come into play and fall into place just as they should be.

Here is a quote from the book that is so so true: Laura speaking to her kids weeks after their father has not returned home, trying to make them feel better.... "Life doesn't always stay the same. With the passage of time, things change. It's inevitable. But that doesn't mean they have to be worse." I just loved that.

This was another page turner by Barbara Delinsky. Just a little side note: Barbara really knows how to write a love scene, so if you are offended by this, you may not want to read.... it gets really steamy at times! HELLO! Seriously, I felt myself blushing, like I was a peeping Tom! HA!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Woman Betrayed.

message 1: by Debby (new)

Debby Hey Sheryl! Thanks for the great review and the warning. This soundsl iike a book I'd like to read.
I appreciate the warning about the explicit sex scenes. I do all fiction reading in audio formats and from that viewpoint, it makes those scenes feel ever MORE voyeuristic. Personally, I really don't get the need for such explicit descriptions of sex scenes in novels. Yeah, it does feel like being a Peeping Tom and really, who enjoys the idea of that? Keep the book focused on the plot. Making love or having sex is one thing; but I don't need the move-my-move color commentary that's more of a guy turn-on anyway. Leave something to the imagination! If I find an audio copy of the book, I'll know to fast forwrd through those scenes.
I always appreciate your book recommendations Sheryl! Hope all is going weill with you!