Margaret's Reviews > Jorge el curioso vuela una cometa/Curious George Flies a Kite

Jorge el curioso vuela una cometa/Curious George Flies a Kite by Margret Rey

Feb 24, 12

bookshelves: houghton-mifflin-harcourt, early-readers, bilingual, spanish, favorites, _c
Read on January 28, 2012 — I own a copy

AppleBlossom has been in love with monkeys since her first birthday, so when she discovered Curious George there was expected delight. It started with the movie Curious George 2 on Netflix Instant View, then it went on to some Green Light Readers Level 1 based on the PBS show. Now through this book I get to guide her away from just the animated illustrations and back to the original H.A. Rey illustrations and Margret Rey story.

I love the original art and story! This specific version I have is bilingual spanish and english. The english text in black and the spanish in red, it is a great educational tool. Not only can I share a classic with my toddler, but I can expose her to spanish vocabulary. This is great for us now and will be great for us later.

Both the hardcover and paperback are really good quality book that would survive well in a classroom. For us, this was a three-sitting read: one for the bunnies, one for the fishing, and a third for the kite adventure. Easy-to-read and read-aloud with a good but smaller vocabulary and repetition this is one of great educational value.

*Thanks to HMH for providing a copy for review.*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Jorge el curioso vuela una cometa/Curious George Flies a Kite.