Wafiyah's Reviews > The Iron Daughter

The Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa

Jan 28, 12

bookshelves: faeries-etc, horrible-romance, paranormal-romance, romance
Read from January 26 to 27, 2012

** spoiler alert ** Okay, that was not fair. I went through this whole book thinking that Puck would be such a big thing in the novel, and what did I get? Puck, turning away from Meghan. Puck, turning away from Meghan! Fuck you, Meghan! And Ash! I was so pissed off when I read this book... no, wait, disappointed, because the only thing that Meghan was good at--see that, she was good at something--was crying! Freaking crying! She calls out to Ash, is refused, and cries. She tells him she loves him, he rejects her, she cries. She gets into a load of shit, she cries. I was this freaking close to grabbing her by the collar in the book and telling her to grow a pair, put on her Big Girl boots and stop. Crying. Oh, and to stop acting like a drama queen for a change. What happened to all her kick-assness? Her ability to say, "Hell no" to something and get done with it? Why couldn't she be strong? Why God why?

description

Yeah, how about that? Stupid Meghan!

Let's not forget the inconspicuous Ash, darlings! And how can anyone think anything bad of him, because he's being freaking exposed as a beautiful and cold creature with just such amazing qualities about him all of us girls have to stop whatever the hell we're doing and throw ourselves flat into a worshipping prostration at his icy feet? One more time I hear about his solemn gaze, his cold looks, his quiet demeanour, and his real, true, amazing love for Meghan, I will do something so painful. Like this.

description

I think the only characters I actually liked were Ironhorse and SOMETIMES, Puck. The thing that annoyed me about Puck was that he could only "grin devellishly." Or evilly. Or wickedly. Come on, dude, all that grinning should have broken your face by now.

I am therefore giving this book two stars, for its frustrating annoyance of a story, and people should be glad it's not one star.

May the Lord have mercy on my soul as I read the next book.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Iron Daughter.

01/26/2012 page 66
18.0% "FRUSTRATION."
01/27/2012 page 230
64.0% "Puck is, like, one of the only good things in this book, I swear."