Tonia's Reviews > Flirting With Disaster

Flirting With Disaster by L.W. Gouett

Jan 26, 12

bookshelves: favorites
Read in January, 2012

Jade Caldwell is a high up VP in advertising who survives her male dominated career with sharp wit, hard work, and pure moxie. Growing up with The Colonel as a father and six army brothers has prepared her for anything, until her boss is violently killed in her office and ex-army Derrick Slater comes to the rescue. The bodies keep falling as Jade gets herself into and out of hilarious situations while trying to navigate police, her wise cracking personal assistant Dhavio, and the swarm of overly protective but oh so hunky men in her life!

I bought Flirting With Disaster by new author L.W. Gouett with the intention of a good escape book to read chapter by chapter as a reward at the end of the day. I ended up dumping out puzzles and a movie in front of my kids and hiding in the closet with a bit of chocolate to get to the end. Responsible? No. Fun? Yes.

SPOILERS!!
Loved that the characters were fleshed out enough to make the story interesting. Loved that Jade could be put together in public and as clutzy as the rest of us behind closed doors. Loved that Jade had to handle herself in the end. Would have been so easy to get rescued but she showed she was a girl who could keep cool in a bad situation. Loved the personal assistant. He had me cracking up every time he came on the scene. Would really like to see this author write another book where we can hear more about Derrick's and Tyson's past and see who, in the end, wins out!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Flirting With Disaster.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Tonia Just a head's up for some of my friends. There are a few mild swear words. Still a really fun read!