Tyler Johnson's Reviews > The Body

M 50x66
Feb 23, 12

bookshelves: to-read
Read in February, 2012

Spoiler Alert do not read if you don’t want it spoiled!!!!
In this novella “The Body” by Stephen King the main theme in my eyes is anger. One reason why anger stood out most to me was because there are many applications in the story that point this out, and I choose for of my favorite one from the book. One is when Gordie’s parents keep ignoring him. Another is the junkyard owner Milo tells Teddy that his dad is a loony. Third one is Teddy tries to dodge a train which was pretty stupid of him. Last one that I felt that was pretty major was when Ace Merrill and his gang tried stealing the body from Gordie, Vern, Teddy, and Chris.
Well the main overview of the book is basically four boys going out to find a dead body. They come across challenges on the way, and there are times where they do get a little frightened about certain things. So pretty much that’s what it’s about four boys with challenges and a mysterious dead body.
Now back to the four main explanations of the theme. First of all Gordie is just completely blind to his parents ever sense his big brother Denis passed away. Basically his parents are just giving him the old cold shoulder. Now Gordie gets pretty pissed about that he tries getting their attention, but it just don’t work. Secondly when the boys get to the junkyard the owner Milo, and Teddy get into a pretty good argument, and Milo calls Teddy’s father a loony. Then Teddy just flips out and says “My father stormed the beach of Normandy”. A third one is when Teddy tries to dodge a train and that makes the other three boys irate. They flip out on Teddy and they eventually forgive each other for fighting. Lastly Ace Merrill and his gang try to steal the dead body from the four boys. Then the boys stand up for themselves and eventually Ace and his gang end up walking away. That’s basically the four main things that go along with the anger theme.
My whole opinion on this book was I enjoyed it quite a bit. It was a suspenseful book it kept you on your feet. My favorite character out of the whole book would defiantly be Chris. The reason is because he is a leader and he tries to make bad situations turn around so they are better. Chris is a good kid he’s surprisingly smart and has some good skills. That’s my review and thanks for reading.

Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Body.