Lindsay Foster's Reviews > From Potter's Field

From Potter's Field by Patricia Cornwell

Mar 24, 2012

Read from January 26 to March 24, 2012

** spoiler alert ** This was my second time reading From Potter's Field. I enjoyed it the first time, but enjoyed it much more this time after reading all of the books leading up to it. The book has more meaning and makes more sense with the added history you get from the previous books.

This was not my favorite of Cornwell's books. This book started out slow for me, got really interesting in the middle, and exciting at the end. Gualt takes a toll on Dr. Scarpetta in the book. Her determination really shines through every chapter. Cornwell does a good job, as she always does, at throwing in the unexpected turn of events. I would have never guessed the identification of Gualt's final victim and that surprising twist kept me turning the pages.

I am eager to read the next book in The Scarpetta Series with the new turn of events that occurred in From Potter's Field. Gualt was the focus of the last few books. I can only anticipate with excitement the new character Cornwell will introduce.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read From Potter's Field.

03/14/2012 page 50
13.0% "I am glad to be getting back into The Scarpetta Series. Nothing interests this scientific brain more than a good forensic investigation told by a Medical Examiner."
03/20/2012
35.0% 1 comment
03/22/2012
50.0% "I am really enjoying this book."
show 1 hidden update…