jeremiah's Reviews > Y: The Last Man, Vol. 10: Whys and Wherefores

Y by Brian K. Vaughan

3692015
Jan 26, 2012

bookshelves: favorites

In my last review of this series I said I was going to step away from it for awhile. I decided to read "one more" issue (#18?) and a few things happened that hinted that there was something hugely bigger going on with the story that I wasn't really grasping before. This REALLY hooked me in. Spent the next week reading the whole rest of the series. Extremely glad I made it through.

To be honest there are a ton of points in the middle of the series that, at the time, seemed drawn out with little to no purpose. Then the end hits. Like a sledgehammer to the temple. It was a good thing Kel was already asleep when I finished because I was a bawling idiot for a few minutes after finishing. This story will stick with me for a LONG time and I think I'm probably going to have to read the series again (if not several times). Mostly just to go back through those moments where I was thinking the story was moving too slowly, and enjoy them.

Note for those that don't know this series' author: he was one of the writers for LOST, and there are a lot of themes that played through this series that were also very prevalent in LOST. There is A LOT more to the story than finding answers to questions. The questions might keep you going, but sometimes it's just about enjoying the time you have with those you love.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Y.