Carla *Jen7waters*'s Reviews > Love in the Afternoon

Love in the Afternoon by Lisa Kleypas

Mar 13, 12

bookshelves: historical-romance, steamy, 2012-read, favorite-authors, heroine-virgin
Read from March 06 to 07, 2012 — I own a copy

Love in the Afternoon, the last installment in the Hathaway series (oh, the pain in my heart!), is Bea’s book, and tells the story of how she falls in love -by letters- with a soldier at the Crimean War. The soldier, Christopher, falls madly in love with her too, but there’s a small problem, Bea has been writing under the name of her friend Prudence, because that’s who Christopher intended to woo in the first place, but Prudence wasn’t interested in replying his letters so Beatrix started doing it… and now Christopher is coming back to England and all he wants is to find and marry his "Prudence" -- oh boy!

I loved how these two characters found each other and fell in love, even if Bea could remember Chris before he became a soldier, and how back then he said something rude about her. In a way, the war changed him for the better, and only dear Beatrix could come to love and understand this kind, yet tormented man.

I really adored this heroine, and how she does what makes her happy and not what society thinks is right. I also admire the way she fights for what she wants, because, you know, it’s silly not to do it, or at least try it. What a remarkable heroine. :)

Another thing I loved about this book was Rye (Cam and Amelia’s first born)! He’s four and a half, doesn’t throw potatoes or speaks with his mouth full at the table, and he’s the cutest thing on earth. I want him!

I’m hoping Lisa one day gets to write Mark and Audrey’s story because I loved that small paragraph about then in the epilogue. Please, please, please, Lisa!

Now, my Christopher and Beatrix: Jamie Dornan (blondish version)--Leo says he resembles a Greek God, so Jamie came to my mind ;D -- and Jessica Brown Findlay (yes, "Lady Sybil")

*PT* Cuidado com o Dálmata
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love in the Afternoon.

Quotes Carla *Jen7waters* Liked

Lisa Kleypas
“Just look at the fellow, standing there like a bloody Greek god. Do you think she chose him because of his intellect?”
Lisa Kleypas, Love in the Afternoon

03/06/2012 page 90
27.0% "Rye!! <3"
03/07/2012 page 259
78.0% 5 comments
show 1 hidden update…

Elise I love Beatrix! :)

Carla *Jen7waters* Me too! She's so cute...and Dodger: <3

Elise ahhhh! Looove who you picked!

Carla *Jen7waters* Ahah! I thought you would! xD it's kind of crazy to pick Jamie for a blonde character, but I messed up with the lighting of that picture and he actually looks great with lighter hair. And he has got the gray eyes already, and of course, the fabulous body! xD Plus, we know he can play a tormented guy.
And Jessica looks a lot like the Bea in my mind in that picture. :)

Elise He does look great, he's perfect. So is Jessica...that's pretty close to how I pictured her also...especially the hair. I pictured Bea having really curly/wavy hair. :)

Carla *Jen7waters* Yes, since she's always outside chasing hedgehogs and taming wild horses, the hair must match one's daily activities. xD

Elise Yes. I think I found my Bea, but it's so hard to choose for the ones you love. :)