Heidi's Reviews > Unsinkable

Unsinkable by Gordon Korman

Jan 27, 12

bookshelves: children-0-12, fiction, series, historical, 2012-book-challenge, juv-6-12
Read from January 25 to 27, 2012

I'm not sure if this should have been my first Korman book, but I am excited to get into my Titanic books for the year. I decided to go with some fiction before learning a bit more from the nonfiction. This trilogy seemed like a good choice, especially as I'm always on the look-out for books to suggest to boys. So far this trilogy is a winner with that.

I'm enjoying the characters and how their lives are intertwining as the boat sets sail. I think there might be just a bit too much going on, considering it IS the Titanic and there is plenty to be had from that alone. (e.g. Jack the Ripper and the gangster storyline are a bit much for me) However, this just adds to the action and adventure that boys will love.

What I'm loving the most right now is how clearly I can hear the characters' voices--complete with accents! Though there is a lot being covered that it can be overwhelming, Korman is still doing a good job in relaying everything. Not a high classic for teens or adults, but a definite enjoyable (and perhaps even teachable) read for kids.

P.S. Just have to say--I knew about Daniel! Ha!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unsinkable.