Mith's Reviews > Incarnate

Incarnate by Jodi Meadows

3620424
Jan 26, 12

bookshelves: gave-up-on, ugh, never-again-ever, young-adult, post-apocalyptic, fantasy
Recommended for: God forbid
Read on January 26, 2012

Gah. No no no no no NO!

What was this mess?

So there's this city, right? Every person in that city is a reincarnated soul, right? Except for this one girl, let's call her Bessie (I forget her name), who is a new soul - she was born in place of a to-be-reincarnated soul. So everybody hates her, including her own mother. So, the girl leaves home on her birthday to find out the truth behind her birth and what went wrong with the other soul, then runs into some shadow monster, then falls into a lake and gets rescued by this guy (let's call him Bob). And then they talk. And talk. And talk. And talk. About nothing. In very stilted dialogues. (I started skipping pages after this). Something something about a Heart, how Bessie thinks EVERYBODY hates her, how Bessie thinks there's something odd about Bob, but oh, she might be falling in love with him...followed by more something something...old libraries, dragons, Bessie's Dad...

*YAWN*

I stopped reading right about there. And all this happens in the first 30 pages.

In summation (only because I want to post a gif of the beautiful, beautiful, Benedict Cumberbatch) -

Stay away for your own good.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Incarnate.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shayantani (new)

Shayantani Das ughh, that bad?

message 2: by Mith (new) - rated it 1 star

Mith Très horrible! Well 'twas for me at least. You might find it different. My main problem was nothing was revealed about the characters for me to be interested in them! Things just started happening and the author expected me to just go along with the plot without any background info. Left a bitter taste in my mouth.

message 3: by Rohit (new)

Rohit Raut That sounds incredibly convoluted. And hokey. And boring.

message 4: by Mith (last edited Jan 26, 2012 08:42PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Mith Oh, that it is! While reading, I found myself impatiently going "Come on! Let's get to the good stuff!". But then I realized that there was no good stuff - this was it! I put the book down then.

message 5: by Ruvinika (new) - added it

Ruvinika Just like chewing on an old sock thinking it'll turn into something tasty any moment now. But hey old sock is an old sock, doesn't matter how long or how much of it we chew on, it'll never taste better.. :D
Geez, I hate this kind of boring books. BTW thanx for the warning, I should stay away from this....

message 6: by Mith (new) - rated it 1 star

Mith Haha! You're welcome! :)

message 7: by Harini (new)

Harini Thank you for the review. The cover is so gorgeous that I so tempted to read it :P.

message 8: by Regency (new)

Regency Cumberbatch power, activate! And I won't be reading this.

message 9: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa Corpus Cumberbitches unite!

message 10: by Emilee (new)

Emilee Cumberbatchhhhh :) I was so excited to read this! Not so much anymore.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Effing awesome review :D
PS. Best GIFs chosen. My love for you has quadrupled!

message 12: by Ariana (new) - added it

Ariana hmm the main character has my name and I think it might be good. But some people really like it or they hate it. I'm going to read it just to see what side in on.

message 13: by Yasmeen (new)

Yasmeen The book cover really captured my interest, but then I saw your review and I decided not to read it.

message 14: by Kajol (new) - added it

Kajol (Lonely Heart) Srsly dat bad? I love the cover!
ugh! I am in a dilemma. To read or not to read. Give it a try or give it a shove.