Rebecca's Reviews > The Firelight of Maalda

The Firelight of Maalda by Melissa Douthit

Feb 06, 12

Read from January 26 to February 06, 2012

After reading The Raie'Chaelia last year I was so excited to be able to read the second book, The Firelight of Maalda. Needless to say, I loved The Firelight of Maalda just as much as I loved The Raie'Chaelia.

I love Jeremiah, he is such a great guy. I totally get what Chalice sees in him and I just love seeing what he has to say and what he will do. Then there is Chalice, I really like Chalice even if her stubbornness drove me nuts at times. I just love both Chalice and Jeremiah and I think that Melissa has done a great job writing their chemistry. Every time Chalice and Jeremiah are together I have a huge smile plastered on my face.

The story was really good and I had a lot of fun learning more about the world and the goings on. There were the highs and lows in the book and I was really excited to see the return of some really awesome characters from the first book.

Then there was the ending. Oh my goodness! I don't want to spoil anything but can I just say, that is one huge cliffhanger. UGH! Can I have the next book now please?

I absolutely love The Firelight of Maalda and the entire Raie'Chaelia series. I recommend this to anyone who enjoys a good fantasy story and I know I definitely can't wait to continue the series.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Firelight of Maalda.