Holden Attradies's Reviews > The Abominable Snowman

The Abominable Snowman by R.A. Montgomery

Jan 25, 12

bookshelves: chose-your-own-adventure, kids
Read in January, 2012, read count: 1

This is the first of the current in print editions that my son and I have read together (it also happens to be book #1 in the series). I have to say, I could immediately notice how cleaned up the series i now.

Although I hadn't read an older version of this book recently (I think I had when I was little) I am pretty sure some of the writing was updated. The story flow from this was really good, the endings were pretty evenly spaced and there was a HUGE variety for what can happen in the story.

Perhaps the thing that struck me the most (beside the "secret online ending" which I'll get to in a second) was that unless you were really lucky your first go you really had to work at it to get to an ending with the Yetti's It took us at least 10 tries through the book to find them.

One of the pages in the books has a "secret online ending" you can choose. Basically it's a web address you put in that has an extra page followed by a pretty simple memory game that you have to finish before time runs out. Depending on if you do or not it tells you what page to go. It's a pretty cool gimmick that has my son wanting to read each book over and over again until we find both all the endings AND the special online choice.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Abominable Snowman.